With Labor Day just around the corner, it is the perfect time to plan out your fun holiday activity that the whole family can enjoy. When you are making plans for the holiday weekend, it is important to keep safety in mind to ensure that everyone has a safe and fun weekend. Keep these Labor Day safety tips in mind while you are enjoying one of the last holidays of the summer.
- When you are setting up your grill, make sure to place it in an open area away from any buildings or low hanging trees to prevent any fires. Also make sure that the grill is placed on level, sturdy surface.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher of hose nearby to ensure that you can put out any accidental fires that may start while you are grilling.
- Never grill indoors, including in a vehicle or tent, to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, or even death caused by the gas.
- Make sure to keep hot food hot and cold food cold to prevent any of your friends or family from getting food any borne illnesses.
- While cooling down in the pool, always make sure there is adult supervision. Never allow anyone to swim alone, no matter how old they are.
- Make sure that anyone who is not a strong swimmer uses the appropriate flotation device while in the water, such as a life jacket.
- While enjoying the outdoors, make sure to protect yourself from the sun and bugs by using sunscreen with at least 15 SPF and bug spray.
Most importantly, make sure that you have the right insurance policies to protect you and your loved ones from any unfortunate situations while enjoying the holiday weekend. Contact the insurance professionals at Gilles Insurance Agency for your auto insurance, umbrella insurance, and home insurance coverage needs throughout Minnesota.